Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Me New Truck Body





One of the things I like about radio controlled trucks is the fact that you can up grade all your stuff and create your own designs. In the pictures you see my Traxxas Rustler but I changed it to look like a kind of mad army pick up.
I bought the body as a clear shell and I came up with the army theme.
Usually when you by a shell it comes with decals from the company that advertises the make of shell but I came up with an idea to make my own decals.
I bought sticker paper in Staples, sticker paper is paper that lets you print your desired picture, then peel the backing and hey presto you have a sticker. The only problem is that the ink runs, so after printing i covered the desired picture or text with two inch scotch tape which keeps the water out and the ink in ( so cliche ).
Then a steady hand with an exacto knife and you can have whatever decal you like.
For my truck I went with the old Spitfire air plane with it's intimidating teeth and flattering 1920's pin up girl, also I added the Army star.
I'm still not finished but I think it's the best one I have created yet.
I'm planning to enter competitions when I get me skills down.

No comments:

Post a Comment