Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Anna Troy






This is the lovely Anna Troy that will be playing at the get together I am putting on at jeremysalehouse on Sunday the 18th of April at 1pm. So if you want to come see some fantastic blues/soul acoustic music for free come and join us at Jeremys or come do the WalkMS at South st.

Anna Troy’s sound is difficult to pigeonhole. Her music can take excursions into rock, pop and soul with blues and R&B as a foundation. “I don’t limit myself to one genre,” she said. “I just play whatever style of music seems to be working for me and inspiring me at the moment. I want my music to be soulful, with songs that people will remember because of a catchy phrase and melody or intriguing lyrical content.”

Since the release of her debut solo album, “Ain’t No Man” (2006) she has kept increasingly busy. Having assembled a crack backing band, her live schedule has seen her perform at major venues including The House of Blues, The Starlight Bowl, The Belly Up Tavern, The California Center for the Performing Arts and The Casbah. Meanwhile the album itself was nominated for “Best Blues Album” in the 2007 San Diego Music Awards. Add in over a dozen press appearances and double that in TV & Radio appearances to her credit and it’s clear that Troy has made an impression. There aren’t many artists whose stylistic range can have them perform on both country radio station KSON as well as indie rock station FM94.9.

No comments:

Post a Comment