Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A poem about Ardee

Seen as it's St Patricks day tomorrow i said i better write a poem about....

Ardee

Is Foster still there standing tall and strong
What about guards Fahey and Long

Do the boys still drink below in the Dee
Will i still catch Joe Kellet takin a pee

Will it still forever to catch a cab
I heard there are coloured lads now selling kebabs

What about Shambles i heard it's great
Feck it sez i, I'll stay there late

I heard a load of people have died
But yet Benny Anderson still alive

The sales yard now gone, where to buy cows
Surly this is wrong

I heard there is a big bypass
Maybe now I'll be on time for mass

Do Callaghan's have them puddings black and white
I heard that's what the people now are like

Does the Jumping Church still stand
Is Paddy still there with rake in hand

Is it true you have to pay for bags
And outside for smoking fags

Is the price of a pint a fiver or more
If that's the case it's cans galore

Is Smiggy still around
Will i still find him plastered on the ground

How are things above in the Crescent
Is it in the past or moved to the peasant

And what about the mental, is it still there
Do the mentallers still stop and stare

Is yer man still around that rattles young ones cages
That's right me mother said he's been dead this ages

Does the pattern still go on above in Dromin
And are St Kevin's set up to win

Vincent Gorman now retired
After 39 years at least he wasn't fired

Is the road still as bumpy below in the bog
Or did Louth County Council start to turn the cogs

And what about Enda and Brian Muldoons
Do they still get the occasional goons

I heard there's a new Fire Brigade
And Seamus Farrelly still doing the parade

Sure i suppose I'll see for meself in June
When i get back to me mammy and fed with the spoon

Ardee Shane Gorman 16/3/09

1 comment: