Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Walk MS Donate/Pledge





I am doing a six mile walk for MS on the 19th of April. It is one of six hundred walks that will happen across the US. Last Year the Walk MS fundraising earned nearly half a million dollars. Part of the this money goes towards finding a cure for MS and part goes to helping people with the disease to live a better life. I am lucky in a way because only my right arm was affected so far but alot of people get hit with there legs or vision on the first attack, so if you can imagine being fine one day and the next day waking up with the loss of your legs, not cool.
I first felt a tingling in my right arm and left little finger which gradually got worse over the course of four months to the extent of not being able to wright or hold a cup not to mention going to the bathroom. If you can imagine wearing a thick pair of rubber gloves and trying to button your shirt, it's kind of like that. That's only the physical side, the mental issues are nearly worse. Fatigue is a major problem for most MS sufferers, for example, today at work i was so tired that by three o'clock i had to stop and sit down and it is a tiredness like no other believe me. I could go on and on about the many symptoms but i won't go in to it. So if anybody would like to make a donation of even $5 it would go a long way. Simply click the Irish Fighting MS link and follow the next link to make a donation. I never thought it would happen to me, a cure needs to be found !!

No comments:

Post a Comment