Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Walk MS / Cuddles.




Tomorrow is the big Walk MS day, it's starting at ten a.m so we have to be up good and early. I'm looking forward to it although it probably will be a little emotional as I am going to See other people with MS that are in a worse position than me and I'm sure it's gonna be a little hard to deal with. I imagine I will be wondering if I will end up in a bad way but fuck it, I'm not now and I must face the reality. Things aren't so bad i suppose as I heard today my poor friend that I went to school with had a horrible accident and passed away this morning. R.I.P Cuddles, what a shame such a nice lad. His name is Gerard Kerr and I went to school with him since we where four years old, that is and Ardee nick name I forgot to add to the list. H e would attend my birthday party's as young fellas and I would attend his. I can remember that he used to live beside Seamus Farrelly on the Dundalk road and myself and Bobby Dunne would call down on the bikes and have a mess with Nicky Callan, Blacky, Cuddles and the catapults out in the fields. I can't remember exactly but we did some sort of messing involving Brian Farrelly. We where only gasons and I think we made him cry or something stupid like that. Seamus took myself, Cuddles, Dunney and Brian in to his house and reenacted a court house, him being the judge. We all had to take turns in our defense and Seamus decided who was innocent and who was guilty. I think we all where a bit innocent. All the best to The Kerr family, Adrian Black (blacky)and Nicky Callan (fat) as I know they where close to Cuddles, it will be a hard time the for the next while and I will be thinking of them.

13 comments:

  1. Sad when you lose an old school pal, and one so young too,all you can do is to be with his family in spirit,God bless them.BIG HAMMER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine Reaburn - ArdeeApril 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM

    Hi Shane, I dont know how I came accross your website but 'Hello' anyway!! You still look as cheeky as ever:) I havnt seen you in such a long time. Its so sad about Gerry Kerr. I didnt know him at all really but its just such a shock and so sad and tragic. Well done on your walk. You will do well with such a positive attutude Shane! Best of luck, take care :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. great website btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorraine, I had to think for minute who you where. Free ice cream cones right ? and if not you will be wondering what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I,m totally confussed, Budgies wife. ?????
    No free Ice cream.? Come forward u fiend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nooooo not Budgies wife, his 1st cousin! Free ice creams correct!!! Ah them were the days being a kid and not a care in the world, wish I was still in them days!!!!! Cant believe you are married! What is Bobby Dunne @ these days + where are your 2 brothers at??? So many Q's!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sad to hear the news meself, I heard there was a good turnout for the funeral this morning. I hope the walk went well yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldnt tell u what Dunney is at,dont think hes on facebook or any of that stuff so I dont know, Robert is here and Gary has four kids at home.Will u go to Fattening Of The Pig ??Will u tell Budgie he must go and I cant wait to see him for the craic.Its gonna be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Paul, I didnt know who pab was, The walk was really good.Lovely weather and scoops afterwards so it was grand. What u at yourself these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cannot even comment but i should,gerard kerr i cannot believe it. he put door in my mums two weeks ago and i was talking to him,it is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well!!! I havnt seen Dunney in a lifetime. You and him were such little divils!!!!! Gary has 4 kids??? Thats gas! Used to see him on his bike a lot speeding by!!!! I have 1 girl so far anyway, she is 13. Teenagers :0 I will go to the Fattening of the Pig indeed. My cousin Brendan aka Ribsy (one of many) plays with the cunning stunts. It'll be good fun I imagine. When I meet Budge I'll tell him. :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. well fat its nicky callan here AKA fat have'nt being talking to you in an age.Sean told me about your site,had to cheak it out for myself. SO sorry to here about the MS,think positive,we have to catch up.I see you heard about a best mate of mine who died last week,its too hard to believe he's gone.Makes me really appreciate the friend's i have,anyway i'll see you at the fattening of the pig, would'nt miss it for the world.we'll catch up on old bull-shit and new

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Gummy, Blackie here. Great website!! Skinny was telling me about it couple of weeks back at Gerard's wake. It was a massive shock to us all here especially cause it was so sudden. He'll be sadly missed by all that knew him. Will definitely have to catch up with you when you're home for the fattening of the pig. Talk soon mate.

    ReplyDelete